Blood Disorders Health
Listing Results about Blood Disorders Health
Blood Disorders: What It Is, Blood Clotting Disorders, …
(8 days ago) WebThe red blood cells, white blood cells or platelets that make up the solid part of your blood. The blood proteins that play a role in clotting. People with red blood cell disorders don’t …
Blood Disorders: Types, symptoms, complications, …
(3 days ago) WebRed Blood Cells Disorder: Increase in cell count – Erythrocytosis– Blood becomes too thick and so ease of flow is affected. A decrease in cell count – Anemia – Lack of iron in the body. White Blood …
What are some examples of blood disorders?
- Sickle cell anemia
- Hemophilia (severe)
- Recurrent blood clots (thrombophilia)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Myeloproliferative diseases (characterized by excessive production of blood cells in the bone marrow)
- Polycythemia vera-too many red cells
- Essential thrombocythemia -too many platelets
- Primary myelofibrosis -excess fibrous or scar tissue in the marrow
What are the different types of blood disorders?
Types of white blood cell disorders
- Lymphoma. Lymphoma is a type of cancer that occurs when lymphocytes change and multiply rapidly. ...
- Leukemias. Leukemias involve the build-up of abnormal white blood cells in the bone marrow, which interferes with its ability to produce red blood cells and platelets.
- Myelomas. ...
- Treatment and diagnosis. ...
What are the names of some rare blood diseases?
List of Rare Blood Disorders
- Cor Triatriatum
- Dilatation of the Pulmonary Artery
- Idiopathic Edema
- Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE)
- Congenital Heart Block
- Hemangioma Thrombocytopenia Syndrome
- Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Hereditary Lymphedema
What should I know about blood disorders?
What are the types of blood disorders?
- Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) – decreased number of platelets causing bleeding, and easy bruising.
- Essential Thrombocytosis –platelets are overproduced, leading to blood clotting and bleeding.
- Clotting Disorders – affects the ability to clot blood, can cause excessive bleeding or excessive clotting.