Listing Results about Thrush Health
Thrush: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments
(9 days ago) Thrush is a fungal (yeast) infection that can grow in your mouth, throat and other parts of your body. In your mouth thrush appears as a growth that can look like cottage cheese – white, …
How is thrush treated?
- Eat yogurt a couple times daily at the first sign of oral thrush.
- Choose unsweetened varieties of yogurt since Candida thrives on sugar.
- If you don’t like yogurt, you can get the same benefits by taking a daily probiotic supplement.
What does thrush taste like?
Those suffering from oral thrush will have an altered, cottony, or metallic taste. This metallic taste, also known as dysgeusia, will remain in the mouth until proper treatment of antifungal medication is administered from your doctor or dentist. What is Dysgeusia? Dysgeusia is a dysfunction of the gustatory glands (taste).
How to get rid of oral thrush naturally?
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda with enough water so you get consistency of a paste
- Add a few drops of coconut oil
- Apply the paste on the tongue or other areas where you see you have oral thrush issues
- Do not swallow
- Leave the paste for up to 2 minutes, spit it out and rinse your mouth with warm water
How to describe thrush medically?
Thrush is a fungal (yeast) infection that can grow in your mouth, throat and other parts of your body. In your mouth thrush appears as a growth that can look like cottage cheese – white, raised lesions on your tongue and cheeks. The condition can quickly become irritated and cause mouth pain and redness. Thrush is caused by the overgrowth of ...