Vision Loss Health
Listing Results about Vision Loss Health
Vision loss: Symptoms, causes, and treatments - Medical …
(3 days ago) It is not always possible to prevent loss of vision, though people can take steps to look after their eye health. People can practice good eye health by taking the following steps: Resting the eyes.
Eye care, vision impairment and blindness - World Health …
(9 days ago) Vision impairment and blindness impact the life of people everywhere. In low- and middle-income settings the burden of vision impairment can be even greater due to fewer opportunities to access the most essential …
Vision Loss Alliance of NJ Home - Vision Loss Alliance …
(2 days ago) Five years after attending Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey’s technology program as a high schooler, 23-year-old Aaron Grimes now spends his Tuesdays teaching others without sight all the ways their iPhones can serve them. Read …
Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey - GuideStar Profile
(4 days ago) Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey creates and delivers expert programs and services that build confidence and improve the quality of life for individuals living with profound vision loss.
What could be causing loss of vision?
- sudden unexplained change in your vision
- eye pain
- eye injury
- signs of a stroke such as a facial droop, one-sided weakness, or
- difficulty speaking
- significantly reduced vision, especially in only one eye
- loss of one area of your vision, known as visual field defect
How to cope with vision loss?
Ways to Cope When Vision Loss Changes Your Life
- Getting Connected with Helpful Services. An estimated 3.4 million Americans age 40 and older are blind or have a visual impairment (a visual acuity of 20/40 or less), according to ...
- Safety, Health and Wellness Issues. People experiencing a progressive eye disease face safety and health risks. ...
- The ‘Attitude Adjustment’. ...
What are the most common causes of vision loss?
Vision loss may be caused by conditions affecting the eye including:
- Age-related macular degeneration (disorder that causes loss of vision in the macula, the area of the retina responsible for seeing detail in the central vision)
- Cataracts (clouding or loss of transparency of the lens of the eye)
- Corneal edema (swelling and clouding of the normally transparent cornea)
How to help someone with vision loss?
Vision Loss and Isolation . One of the most important ways to help someone with vision loss is to let them know they are not alone. Nearly 12 million U.S. adults over the age of 40 are visually impaired including one million who are blind.